TechViews: 64% of enterprises planning to deploy big data, Europe’s
love-hate relationship with cloud, 5 latest cloud trends and more!
Gartner: Best Practices to Sync and Streamline DevOps Cycles for Faster IT
Achieving DevOps success requires coordination across different IT department
workflows and poses a challenge for many organizations. In this research
paper, Gartner outlines their four best practices for creating a DevOps
environment and furthering interdepartmental collaboration.
Read this complimentary industry report to learn more about how you can
streamline your DevOps cycles for faster IT service delivery. Read this
Why Are Some Industries So Far Behind on DevOps?
by Jackie Kahle
The recent DevOps survey undertaken by Vanson Bourne and sponsored by CA
Technologies — TechInsights Report: What Smart Bus... (more)
Insider Theft: WikiLeaks is not the only newsworthy breach
By Merritt Maxim, CA Technologies
Lost in the high profile media attention around WikiLeaks is the simple fact
that WikiLeaks reflects a common security risk all organizations face - the
threat from insiders. While the sensitive nature of the WikiLeaks data has
resulted in more media attention, the reality is that insider attacks are
happening all the time. Case in point is this week's story that the SEC has
charged an employee of a Delaware law firm and his brother-in-law with
At firs... (more)
By Jay Fry, CA Technologies
In looking back on some of the more insightful observations that I've heard
concerning cloud computing in 2010, one kept coming up over and over again.
IT is being weighed down by more and more complexity as time goes on. The
systems are complex, the management of those systems is complex, and the
underlying processes are, well, also complex. The cloud seems to offer two
ways out of this problem. Read the full article.
Cloud News Amazon is creating pre-configured templates for Oracle
applications to make it possible for Oracle users to run their apps ... (more)
Featured on Cloud Commons Gartner report: The Cloud is Less Important than
the Cloud Operating Model
Do cloud service providers have a new and better approach to IT operations
figured out – and can enterprises learn from them? In this report by
Cameron Haight of Gartner (available free of charge on Cloud Commons),
Cameron details new approaches to application and infrastructure architecture
that some large public cloud firms are using to improve service delivery.
Read the full report.
Feature article On Cloud Computing Standards and Definitions
When I go to the gas station these ... (more)
Cloud Commons introduces This Week in Cloud – a concise, insightful, and
thought-provoking newsletter that will keep you current on cloud computing.
Each edition features top news stories, upcoming industry events, and market
perspectives that will provide valuable insight for both new initiates and
cloud computing veterans. This Week in Cloud can be found on the Cloud
Commons website or you can register to receive the newsletter via email.
About Cloud Commons
Cloud Commons is an independent online community of IT professionals,
analysts, technology providers, and industry experts... (more)
- This Week in Cloud, April 26, 2013: AWS S3 reaches 2 trillion objects, CA Technologies acquires Layer 7 & Nolio, CSA cloud guidelines for SMBs. And more…
- This Week in Cloud, November 8, 2012: Netflix releases code for AWS, Google cloud powers agricultural monitoring, Cloud standards and innovation. And more…
- This Week in Cloud
- TechViews: Make Your Big Data Worth the Investment; The Top 5 Cloud Security Concerns for Your Business and more!
- US Patriot Act: Red Herring?
- Rackspace and Amazon Wars Heat Up
- This Week in Cloud, March 10, 2011
- TechViews: Sonic moves to cloud to utilize big data, Major roadblocks to mobile enterprise apps, Social media natives will change your business
- This Week in Cloud, October 12, 2012: IBM & AT&T’s cloud offering, CIO survey reveal cloud growth, Cloud cartoon caption contest. And more…
- This Week in Cloud